Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mylon LeFevre - Holy Smoke (1971)



I know some of y'all did enjoy the 1970 album 'Mylon' (also known as 'We Believe'), on which Mylon LeFevre left his straight up Gospel behind in favor of some classic down home Southern Rock. On 'Holy Smoke' he follows up on the promise, and doing so quite well. It's definitely old school/vintage Southern Rock, but it's top of the line. Mylon would continue his Rock & Roll show until the early 80's, after which he committed himself full-time again to Gospel. And leading a ministry of course. What a great voice, though. What a lucky guy God is... Holy smoke!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.
I've been looking for this forever.
Cheers!

I have Law "Breakin' It". I wiil try to find the time to rip, clean and remaster it for in the next wkkes or so.
I'll let you know.

Skydogg said...

Thanks, that would be great. Though I would be just as happy if you just send me a raw recording of each side. With megaupload that would be no problem. And I'd be more than willing to do the editing for you. Looking forward to the album.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog. Great music! Thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Hello,great disc and blog very good,sorry no english.thanks.

grubbmichael said...

Man, I love this record so much and have been looking for it forever. Thank you for sharing it!

Unknown said...

Any chance of a re-rip at some point? This DL sounds particularly tinny and one-dimensional compared to Over the Influence...

Skydogg said...

I'll see what I can do. My vinyl isn't that great to begin with. I was kinda hoping someone out there has a cleaner vinyl copy that I could work on... I'll let you know, though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting-had this on 8-track back in the day.

MARK COUNTS said...

Thanks for posting! Any Mylon is great Mylon

Skydogg said...

I agree somewhat. I'd say, any secular Mylon album was a great album. All deserve cd releases! Proper ones, with loads of bonus material ;-)