Sunday, July 26, 2009

Larry Jon Wilson - Let Me Sing My Song To You (1976)



"Let Me Sing My Song To You" is Larry Jon Wilson's second album. In style, it's very similar to his debut album "New Beginnings". But I like this album even better. I think it's a brilliant Outlaw Country record. And regardless of your preferences, I think you should really give this a try.
On this album Larry Jon picks up the tempo a little and frequently gets funky. Best song, to my ears, is the song "Sheldon Churchyard", which any Southern Rock fan would find a find. Again, the songs are all top notch, the playing impeccable and the singing spellbinding. It's hard to believe that no label has yet arranged to get his four albums from the 70's released on CD. My advice is to get this, share it with all your friends, and maybe then someone will notice? Anyway, this is a good vinyl rip. Let the man sing his songs.

6 comments:

wain said...

Thanks for this !

Skydogg said...

http://www.larry-jon-wilson.com/pageID_6151570.html

Anonymous said...

muchas gracias - i was lost but now i am found

Anonymous said...

Magnifique ! Merci :)

imnokid said...

Thanx much for hipping me to Larry Jon Wilson. Great stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much,splendid.
Dan.