Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blackfoot - After The Reign (1994)



Yep, it's Blackfoot. In name anyway. Cause, really, anything released since the "Vertical Smiles" album could just as well be categorized as yet another Rickey Medlocke solo album. And this is a pretty good one at that. It sounds all rather rootsy, which is a good thing in my book. I prefer that over the slick Southern AOR he produced on "Rick Medlocke And Blackfoot" from 1987. This sounds like real music, played with real instruments. Some great original tunes and some fine covers (splendid version of Van Morrison's "Tupelo Honey"). Since this qualifies as a solo album, I took the liberty of adding two tracks Rickey did for the L.A. Blues Authority series ("Texas Flood" from "Hats Off To Stevie Ray" and "Wrapped Up In Love Again" from "Fit For A. King"). Now, I still hoping for an actual Blackfoot reunion with all surviving members. I'd rather have a new Blackfoot album than anything else. Hang time!

No comments: