Friday, April 08, 2011

Point Blank - Airplay (1979)



Veterans Point Blank are still at it. Currently they're in rehearsal for a new CD and 2011 tour, but let's not forget their excellent 70's albums. No longer in print, I guess this album, "Airplay", is my favorite. Plenty of good ol' Southern Rock as usual, but this time they had a little extra something. Or rather, somebody. I really love the contributions to this album by keyboard player Steve Hardin. He penned some of the greatest tunes on this album, like "Mean To Your Queenie" and "Danger Zone", which he also sang. And even though John O' Daniel is quite a pretty fine singer, I really love Steve's vocals. This is the only Point Blank album he's played on, and it makes me wonder if there's more music out there with him singing. Anyway, this also features the semi Progressive Southern Rock song "Penthouse Pauper", which is absolute killer. You van also check out this video of the band live in action in 2005 at Rockpalast (thanks to Bigfootkit). Great stuff, folks! Shine on!

4 comments:

Lenny said...

Great stuff, Skydog. I have this album, but haven't listened to it in years. Thanks for converting it.

Angelo Ourivesrock said...

Thanks brother!

Anonymous said...

Can I get a copy of this album from either of you, can not find it anymore and would love to have it

Redhead0475@yahoo.com

Skydogg said...

Re-upped