Sunday, January 05, 2014

Downloading a virus? Not really...

I had several people asking me about downloading from Uploading.com, since it wants you to download with the accelerator. Apparently some virus scanners consider the accelerator to be a virus or malware. However, if you follow the steps below, it should allow you to download regularly. I don't know whether your browser of choice has any influence on it working like this. I use Firefox and it works for me like this: as soon as you open the Uploading.com page, uncheck the box and wait for the countdown to finish. Then you can click 'download file now' without using the accelerator. Hope this helps ;)


Some more information/explanation can be found here: Reputation of uploading.com and DL Accelerator Adware uploading.com (TSULoader) Does that help?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it doesn't work on Chrome. Thanks anyway!